Nae Regrets has made it’s triumphant return to Northwest Folklife 2014 — after 2 years of being away, we’rrrreee baaaa-aacckk! Our shows have been going well — we’ve been gaining new fans and reconnecting with our tried & true fans. We’ve also been getting rained on … and pipes don’t work so well when they’re wet.
Today we had our traditional Big Blow Out Show. We were joined by one of our consummate trooper bellydancers, Deidra, and met a new-to-us dancer, Rebecca. Both ladies were great and the show went well. Early this weekend NWFolklife planners were talking about putting us back on a stage if we return for 2015.
In the evenings I’ve been workin’ on the railroad … er, I mean, working on our new webpage. My initial tweaks went well, everything since has gone … well, elsewhere … but then — as the saying goes — “I’m hardware”. I’ve put a note into our web-mistress that I’m screwing up her work, or at least screwing up something with this site, and she’ll take a stab at it as soon as she can.
In the mean time … we have ONE MORE DAY OF FOLKLIFE!!! So … come out and see us.
(Psst! What’s after that? We’re working on lining up some shows around the 4th of July.)
Nae Regrets Wants YOU!
Send Us Your Videos/Photos and Musicians
23August2010 ~ by BagpiperDon
Northwest Folklife is always a great event for Nae Regrets — and if 2009 was lightening, then 2010 was the heavy thunder rolling on its heals. Since this year’s event people have been asking when & where is our next big show. You asked for it –You Got It!
Members of Nae Regrets have begun exploring the ‘future vision’ I’ve held for the band — that we grow dynamically and do more stage performances. To do this, we need a few things, and I am turning to the fans of Nae Regrets for support — we are looking for your videos & photos and additional musicians.Videos & Photos — If you caught us at NWFolklife and would be willing to allow us to use your videos/photos as part of our promotional materials, please contact us.Seeking Musicians — talk to your friends, Nae Regrets is looking to add…
- Singer(s) – An alto with strong skills and probably also a male vocalist; must have a willingness to learn weird Celtic songs, have creative abilities and a good commercial appearance.
- Fiddle – Not Castro, we’d probably like to go electric.
- Keyboard – Which would be… well, a keyboardist.
- Guitar – Acoustic & electric.
Musicians & Dancers WANTED
Nae Regrets is seeking additional musicians & dancers. If you think you’re the person for the job — contact us and we’ll see about trying you out. For all others, please enjoy this wonderful picture of a fabulous djembe.
- Highland Bagpiper — If one is good, then 2 are better – how about a 3rd
- Singer — probably female, possibly also a male vocalist
- Fiddle — maybe not right away but eventually
- Accoustic &/or Electric guitar — preferably someone who can play both
- Keyboardist — gotta have it!
- Dancers — Nae Regrets is always looking for back-up &/or additional dancers simply because life happens and our fabulous dancers can’t always make it. Highland Dancers, Irish Dancers & Bellydancers.
…By the way, the “job” per se’ isn’t really a “job” — there are no health benefits, no 401K, no pay checks, heck there aren’t even garunteed coffee breaks. However, the person with the right skills and attitude can go far — which goes without saying in any “job” — but when it comes to Nae Regrets, a good attitude counts for everything.